About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Monday, February 1, 2016

January 2016 Wrap Up


Well, the first month of my reading experiment has come to an end.  I spent the entire first month of January focusing on science fiction novels and I LOVED it.  This idea of doing themes is truly fun.  I got a chance to read some books I probably wouldn't have gotten to otherwise and I spent some time reflecting on how this genre has affected me as a person (and it turns out that science fiction was a bigger part of me than I gave it credit for).

I managed to finish six novels in January.  I wish I had time for more, but Aurora was pretty long.  Here's the breakdown:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
Armada by Ernest Cline
The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood
Robopocalypse by Daniel Wilson
Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Best of the month: Aurora
Worst of the month: The Maze Runner

Books that I didn't get to, but am saving for later:
Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner

A book from this genre that I really should have read by now:
Dune by Frank Herbert

New favorites: None this month

It's strange that something as simple as following a reading theme has been so fulfilling.  I'm ready for February - books with protagonists who are different from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?