About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Saturday, August 20, 2016

July 2016 Wrap Up

Whoops!  I had this all written up to post at the beginning of August and I totally forgot!
Better late than never, I suppose. 




I can't believe that July has already come to an end, and with it my month of reading books from my favorite authors is over too.  Since I spent most of the month finishing The Count of Monte Cristo, I was only able to finish two books for this theme.  The final tally will actually be three books, since I'll be finishing Great Expectations in a few days (I'll update this post once I do).

So, what has my reading this month taught me?  Mainly, that I need to make time to explore the works of my favorite authors more often! There are so many books out there that I want to read that I tend to hop from one author to the next and forget to revisit the authors I loved. I'm resolving to make more of an effort from now on to read more works from authors I like.

Books Read

This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Roman Fever and Other Stories by Edith Wharton
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Best of the Month: Roman Fever and Other Stories
Worst of the Month: None of there were really a "worst"

Since I only got a chance to finish a few books this month, I'm going to combine this theme with my theme for August. In August, I plan to read books that have been sitting on my shelves, collecting dust.  A lot of those books include works from authors I like, so the two ideas will work together nicely.

I'm way behind on my goal to read 100 books this year (thanks a lot, Alexandre Dumas), so I need to pick up the pace if I want to get back on track.  My summer break is over and I will be going back to work starting tomorrow, so I'm about to be very busy.  I'm determined to carry on with reading though - my reading time is sacred!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?