About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Sunday, October 2, 2016

September 2016 Wrap Up


 My month of reading scary books is at an end, and I did pretty well for someone who is still trying to get the school year started off right. I don't have as much time to read as I'd like lately, but I'm trying to set aside as much time as possible!

I read books this month that were scary in two different ways. The Girl With All the Gifts and The Phantom of the Opera were classic, thrilling, on the edge of your seat horror stories. These books kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next.

A Monster Calls and The Hunchback of Notre Dame had me exploring the terrifying depths of grief and human cruelty. These were stories that made you think about what scary things we all face as humans in our everyday lives.

Both types of "scariness" were great - I didn't read anything that I didn't like this month!

Books Read
The Girl With All the Gifts by M. R. Carey
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo

Best of the Month: A Monster Calls
Worst of the Month: None!  I enjoyed everything!

Next up is October. If I keep on blogging like I have been, I might successfully carry out the whole year of themed reading that I planned out back in January. The end is almost in sight and that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?