About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 2017 Reading Plan



June is here and that means I am officially on summer break! It's a good thing too, because my reading plans for this month include some longer books that usual. Here's what I've got on deck:


1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Back to the Classics: A classic set in a place you'd like to visit
  • Classics Club: #43 on my list
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned
2. The Odyssey by Homer
  • Classics Club: #61 on my list
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned
3. The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
  • Popsugar Challenge: A steampunk novel
4. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
  • Popsugar Challenge: A book set in a hotel
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned
5. Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
  • Popsugar Challenge: A book set around a holiday other than Christmas
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned

*Bonus*

6. The Girls by Emma Cline
  • Popsugar Challenge: A book you bought on a trip
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned

Last summer, The Count of Monte Cristo took up most of my reading time. While that was an excellent reading experience, it was a little disappointing not to be able to read much else. I'm hoping that I get a chance to go through more books this time around. 

Interesting side note: If I complete this set of books, I will be only one book shy of FINISHING my Popsugar Challenge! This means that pretty soon I will unlock the bonus categories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?