About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August 2017 Reading Plan


August is here and with it comes the start of the new school year. As I will be returning to work, my reading time will be a little reduced, but I'm still hoping to read my usual amount.

This month I have a mix of shorter works and classic novels for my challenges. I'm going to make up for my accidental reading of the abridged War and Peace by taking on another Russian classic, Crime and Punishment. Don't worry, I made sure to check and see if I had the complete novel this time.

Here's the plan:

1. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Back to the Classics: A Russian classic
  • Mount TBR: previously owned

2. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  • Classics Club: #59 on my list
  • Popsugar Challenge: A book that takes place over a character's lifespan
  • Mount TBR: previously owned

3. The Suicide Club by Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Classics Club: #93 on my list
  • Mount TBR: previously owned

4. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
  • Popsugar Challenge: A book about an immigrant or a refugee
  • Mount TBR: previously owned

5. Dune by Frank Herbert (continued from last month)
  • Classics Club: #47 on my list
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book that's more than 800 pages

*Bonus*

6. Pax by Sara Pennypacker
  • Mount TBR: previously owned 

I'm ready to start off the month and dig into these novels. I even feel ready to go back to work! Let's hope that my students are great enough this year to keep me in this positive mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?