About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Friday, December 29, 2017

Clear the Shelves 2018 List



One of my most important reading goals this year is to get rid of some of my books. I have hundreds on my shelves, many of them unread. I rarely reread novels, so I know many of the ones I have now are destined to be donated to Goodwill or to my classroom library.

I'm moving from Florida to Connecticut in the fall of this year, and I'm not looking forward to packing and paying for all those books to be moved. I have to reduce the amount of books on my shelves over the next several months.

To that end, I'm going to dedicate a portion of my reading time each month to clearing off my shelves. After I finish with my classic novels and nonfiction picks for the month, I'm going to lean hard into the books I already own in an effort to weed some of them out. I don't necessarily have a number of books I'm looking to donate, but I want it to be significant.

I'm going to keep track of what I end up clearing off my shelves here throughout 2018, just for fun.


Before the move, I donated:

1. Born Round by Frank Bruni (loaned to me - gave back to my mom)
2. 10% Happier by Dan Harris (loaned to me - gave back to my mom)
3. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (loaned to me - gave back to my mom)
4. Flesh and Blood So Cheap by Albert Marrin (donated to my classroom library)
5. Find Her by Lisa Gardner (loaned to me - gave back to my mom)
6. The Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery (donated to my classroom library)
7. True Notebooks by Mark Salzman - (donated)
8. The Widow by Fiona Barton (loaned to me - gave back to my mom)
9. Devil in the White City by Erik Larson (donated)
10. The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma (donated)
11. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson (donated)
12. Gemini by Sonya Mukherjee (donated)
13. Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith (donated)
14. Kids of Appetite by David Arnold (donated)
15. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (donated)
16. Egg and Spoon by Gregory Maguire (donated)
17. The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork (donated)

After the move, I donated:

1. Icebreaker by Lian Tanner (donated to my classroom library) 
2. Screenshot by Donna Cooner (donated to my classroom library)
3. That's Not What Happened by Kody Keplinger (donated to my classroom library)
4. The Bitter Side of Sweet by Tara Sullivan (donated to my classroom library)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?