About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Reading Resolutions: 2019


Happy 2019! I'm sitting here this morning full of optimism and motivation. Isn't it funny how the start of a new year does that to you? Nothing today is any different from the day before, but my outlook has totally brightened. I hope it sticks!

Since I was unhappy with the amount I was able to read last year, I'm determined to do better and get back to my normal levels of reading this year. I'm trying to set moderate goals since I'm still going through a period of great change in my life, but I feel like I'm finally back in the driver's seat and ready to act more like myself again.



My Goodreads goal will be the same as last year. I want to read at least 50 books in 2019.



Once again, I will be participating in the Back to the Classics Challenge. The goal is to read 12 classic novels fitting different categories over the course of the year. My sign up post is here.



This is the challenge that I really need to focus on fixing. The Classics Club Challenge is a five year challenge. To finish my list, I need to read 20 books for it each year. I only read 13 books in 2018 from this list. That means that for this year, I need to read my 20 books and then try to make up as many of the missing seven from 2018 as I can. If I can read 27, that would be amazing, but I'm aiming for 24.



Lastly, I created my own little challenge for 2019, which I'm calling "Finally in 2019." The goal of the challenge is to read a list of six books that have been sitting on my shelves for a while that I really, really want to get to, but keep putting off in favor of other challenges. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in my reading goals and forget about the books I really want to read outside of  those. Here's my list:

1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
2. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
3. Becoming by Michelle Obama
4. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
5. The Power by Naomi Alderman
6. Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart

I'll start adding bonus books to this list if I finish the original six early in the year. 


So, that's my complete set of reading goals! I'm about to sit down now and indulge in my favorite tradition - starting the year with a Jules Verne novel. I'm excited to leave last year behind and embark on some new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?