About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Saturday, October 31, 2020

October Wrap Up

 


October ended up being a pretty awful reading month for me. It's a shame, because I had been saving up some of my darker reads for now and I was excited to do a little seasonal theming. I ended up completely losing my reading momentum with The Last Man, which I did not enjoy at all. I compounded the problem next by picked up The Witches, which was interesting, but way too dense for my mood at the time. I ended up only finishing three books and falling woefully short of my goals. Here's what I ended up completing:


I'm hoping to get myself back on track in November. My goal is to finish reading the books I set for myself in October and then continue chipping away at my other reading challenges as best I can. Here's my list:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey 
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
The Last Policeman by Ben Winters
Thorn by Intisar Khanani
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton

When I'm not enjoying reading, I don't feel like myself. Hopefully November will set me straight again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?