About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Friday, August 27, 2021

August Wrap Up

 


Well, August definitely didn't go as well as I hoped. I only managed to get through two books and some pages of Les Mis. This fell way short of my goals. Here's what I managed to do:

50 pages of Les Misérables

In my defense, Gravity's Rainbow was 800 pages long and burned me out on reading so badly that I actually had to take a break and didn't read anything at all for several days. It was one of the most difficult books I have read and one of the least enjoyable too. I'm very glad it's behind me! Julius Caesar was okay, but not a special favorite for me. Overall, this was probably my worst reading month of the year so far.

School is starting back up in September, so I am going to try and read some less complicated novels as I settle back into the swing of things. Here's the plan:  

The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather
At least two books chosen from my owned-not-read list based on my mood
At least 100 pages of Les Misérables

Hopefully this lineup is much more manageable for me and I have a more successful time reading next month than I had this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?