About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Sunday, October 31, 2021

October Wrap Up



We're at the end of October and another month of less-than-satisfying reading has gone by. I made progress on my reading challenges, but most of my picks ended up being mediocre at best. At least I accomplished everything I wanted to do. Here's what I finished:


In other big news, I also finally finished Les Misérables! I finished it this morning, so I didn't have enough time to write a blog post for it for this month. I'll have to do it in November instead. Once I do that, I will have finished the Back to the Classics Challenge and almost finished the Classics Club Challenge as well. So that's pretty amazing!

My reading plans for November all center around one novel - War and Peace. I first tried reading this gigantic tome back in 2017. I spent three weeks on it, finished it, and then realized that the edition I had been reading was abridged. I was so upset. I vowed to go back and reread the full version before the end of my Classics Club Challenge. Now, with only two months left before my end date, here we are. This is the very last book left to conquer. The 100th novel. I'm going to try and finish it in a month, but I do have December to fall back on as well if I need more time. I'm not exactly looking forward to this, but I feel like I have to do it now in order to be truly finished and complete the challenge. 

So, it will probably be a quiet month for the blog as I work my way through War and Peace once more. Hopefully I'll be able to move through it at a good pace and wrap up my five year Classics Club Challenge successfully! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?