About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

December Wrap Up

 


Well, the end of December is finally here and I was bafflingly successful with my reading. With most of my challenges over for the year, I took this month to just read randomly from my shelves. I powered through quite a few books and felt pretty good doing it. I ended up reading a lot of really excellent stuff. All in all, it's probably the best reading month I've had in 2021.

I finished:

I think my favorite read of the month was Another Kind, a middle grades graphic novel with a lot of heart and a fun, science fiction/fantasy storyline. I also really enjoyed City of Ember, a classic middle grades dystopian novel that truly deserves all the acclaim it has received. I liked that one so much that I went on to read the whole series this month! 

My least favorite read this month was The Prophet of Yonwood, the third and weakest book in the Book of Ember series. It was a prequel to the other books and was not very engaging. Even so, it wasn't unreadable by any means. I didn't read any books this month that I would consider to be "bad".

I'm deep into finalizing my reading goals for 2022, so the end of the month is a busy time for me. I have reading challenges I want to do and I'm going to try something new as well--a physical reading journal. I'm hoping to carry all the momentum I'm enjoying now into the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?