About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Sunday, January 3, 2016

January Reading List: Science Fiction


 One of my goals for 2016 is to diversify the kinds of books I read.  Each month, I'm going to focus on reading at least three selections from a specific genre or type of book.  To kick off the year, I will be embracing my geeky side and exploring the futuristic world of science fiction.

 After a little time spent researching the genre, I've assembled the following reading list for January:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne - This is a classic novel by a man who many consider to be the father of the genre.  This is the perfect way to kick off the month (and cross off a book from my Back to the Classic Challenge).

Armada by Ernest Cline - I loved Ready Player One, so I'm excited to check out Ernest Cline's newest offering.  I think this will be the most lighthearted novel of the bunch.

The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood - The Handmaid's Tale is basically required reading for women, and I'm hoping Atwood's latest novel is similarly thought-provoking.

Robopocalype by Daniel Wilson - This has been on my bookshelf for five years, and that's kind of embarrassing.  Time to read it!

Bonus Round Books:
Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson
Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner

The start of a new year always fills me with energy.  I'm excited to start reading and see how many of these I can get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?