About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Thursday, June 30, 2016

July Reading List: Favorite Authors


During the month of July, I'm going to read books by some of my favorite authors.  See, I have this troubling pattern going on in my reading: I'll often read a book, love it to pieces, and then never get around to reading anything else by that author.  This isn't on purpose at all - there's just so many books out there in the world that I want to read! 

So, the purpose of this month is to go back and think about books I have really enjoyed in the past and read something else by that author.  I'm really hoping to find some new favorites this month. 

I'm planning my reading list conservatively, because it's going to take me a while yet to finish The Count of Monte Cristo.  Here's the plan so far:

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens - I developed a soft spot for Dickens after reading Bleak House in college.  I read A Tale of Two Cities last year, and I'm excited to give another of his most famous novels a try. 

The Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby is my all-time favorite book.  Ever.  It's crazy that I haven't read anything else from Fitzgerald, so it's time to try another of his novels!

Roman Fever and Other Stories by Edith Wharton - The House of Mirth moved me to tears in college.  I'm excited to see how I like some of Wharton's short fiction.

*All three of the above books fill various categories in my Back to the Classics Challenge.

Bonus Round Books:
I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling


This is my last month before school starts up again and my reading time takes a hit.  I am determined to read my butt off this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?