About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

September Wrap Up

 

September flew by amazingly fast, didn't it? I feel like we can't possibly be at the end of the month yet. I suppose the start of the new school year sped everything up for me. Even so, I did manage to read everything I set out to read. Here is what I finished this month:

 My favorites of the month were Helter Skelter and The Hating Game. I was particularly surprised by The Hating Game, which was a contemporary new adult romance. I very rarely read from this genre, but I really enjoyed it and plan to try more books like it in the future. 

My least favorite this month was The Warden, a Victorian classic that I found to be tedious. It didn't hate it though, so all in all, my month was pretty successful. Nothing is going to go on my favorites list, but nothing was too bad.

I've reserved some of the creepier books from my various challenges for October. Here's the plan:

 Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 
The Last Man by Mary Shelley
The Witches by Stacy Schiff
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey 
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
The Last Policeman by Ben Winters
Thorn by Intisar Khanani
 
I'm hoping to finish these up a bit early and squish in another book, but some of these are long, so I'm not sure if that will be possible. In any case, I'm hoping to keep up with my blogging a bit better. I let my reviews pile up this month and it wasn't fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?