About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Friday, July 30, 2021

July Wrap Up

 


So, July is over and I actually did okay on my reading goals! I finished everything I set out to do and even found a few new favorites. Here's what I read:


My favorite read of the month was The Bear by Andrew Krivak, which I found to be really poignant and unique. I also truly loved The Girl from the Sea. Both made it onto my all-time favorites list.

My least favorite read of the month was The Little White Horse, which is so strange for me. It's a classic children's novel, and I generally love those. This one, however, I found to be quite preachy and full of sexist ideas. 

In August, I'm going to try and finish another one of the gigantic classics I have left on my Classics Club list, and then spend the rest of the month trying to power through some random books from my shelves. Here's the plan:

Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
At least two books chosen from my owned-not-read list based on my mood
At least 100 pages of Les Misérables

I am very intimidated by Gravity's Rainbow. It's another book in the 700 page zone and it's not the type of classic I typically enjoy. I'll be glad to get it finished, but I'm not expecting to enjoy the experience. I hope to be wrong about this though! 

At this point, I only have four books left from my Classics Club list to read. It's insane that I'm so close to meeting my goal. There's definitely some challenging books left on there though, so it's not over yet. If I manage to stick to this plan, I'll only have two left to try and read in September, and one of them is Les Misérables, which I'm already about 900 pages into right now. Let's hope I can stay on track! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?