About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

September Wrap Up



Well, September is at an end and it went by at snail's pace. School started up again and let me tell you, the kids' social skills have suffered mightily after a year and a half of quarantine. Trying to get back into the groove has felt interminable. By the time I get home each day, I'm too exhausted to think clearly, never mind pick up a book. As a result, I read a little bit less than I wanted this month, although I did finish most of what I set out to do. Here's what I finished:

75 pages of Les Misérables

In October, I'm going to plan conservatively again. I'm hoping for things to settle down a bit in my work life so I can read a little more, but I don't want to pressure myself. I'm going to try and read another book off my Classics Club list and then get through a few random books from my shelves. My plan is:

Orlando by Virginia Woolf
At least two books chosen from my owned-not-read list based on my mood
At least 100 pages of Les Misérables

I'm a little bit worried about Orlando, and it's not my preferred genre of classic, but it isn't too long. Hopefully it'll go quickly. Maybe I'll read something spooky too if I am feeling the Halloween spirit. Honestly, I'd just be happy to enjoy reading something without constantly falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?