About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Saturday, July 1, 2017

July 2017 Reading Plan


 Summer is running out alarmingly fast. It's already July and that means that there's only one month left before I'm in front of a new batch of students. Accordingly, I'm going to try and tackle one of the longer books for my Back to the Classics Challenge for this year before my reading time becomes drastically reduced. I'm expecting that book, War and Peace, to take up most of my reading time this month, so I'm rounding out my list with some shorter novels that won't take too long to get through.

I'm also starting in on the Popsugar bonus categories this month. Since I finished the original 40 reading prompts, I can start in on the additional ten categories now. I have to read one or two of those a month to finish by the end of the year.

The final thing I'm working on this month is an online reading club. I'm participating in a reading group that will be working on Dune by Frank Herbert. There are a certain amount of pages I'm supposed to read each week. This should last throughout July and August, so I will be starting to read this novel during this month, but won't finish it for a little while yet.

Here's the official breakdown:


1. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned

2. Dune by Frank Herbert
  • Classics Club: #47 on my list
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book that's more than 800 pages

3. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  • Back to the Classics: A Russian classic
  • Classics Club: #61 on my list
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book that's been mentioned in another book
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned

4. Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
  • Classics Club: #26 on my list
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book with an eccentric character
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned

5. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A bestseller from 2016

*Bonus*

6. Colorblind by Tim Wise
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book about a difficult topic
  • Mount TBR: Previously owned

I've got a really odd collection of books to read this month - we've got everything from a Russian brick, to a science fiction giant, to a beloved children's classic, to a self-help book, to a book on race relations. This should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?