About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Monday, January 1, 2018

Reading Resolutions: 2018 Edition!


It's really cool to be able to say that I've kept up with my blogging for two whole years now. I'm to the point where reading something without blogging about it right afterwards just feels wrong. I basically have to continue on with my planning and blogging into the new year for mental health purposes.

In 2018, I plan to continue on with some of the challenges I participated in last year, along with a few of my own design. Here's the plan:




Goodreads Goal: Read 50 books

In 2017, I set my goal at 76 books. I ended up surpassing it, but it was stressful sometimes. I had to stick to mostly shorter books to meet this goal. This year, I want to give myself the chance to try some longer books. Accordingly, I set a lower goal. If I end up reading more, great! The point is to avoid self-imposed pressure.




Back to the Classics Challenge 2018: I have participated in this challenge for the past two years, and I always have a blast doing it. I've already planned out my reads for this one. Here is my signup post.



Classics Club Challenge: This is a challenge that asks participants to select and read several classic novels over a five year time period. This will be my second year whittling down my list. I need to read 20 novels from it to stay on track. I hope to do a bit better than that though. My complete list is here.


True Books 2018: This is a challenge that I created for myself. The goal of it is to read more nonfiction books in the new year. I love to read nonfiction, but I tend to automatically reach for fiction when left to my own devices. I created a list of all the nonfiction novels I have sitting on my shelves and I'm going to try and read them all in 2018. Here's my list.



Clear the Shelves 2018: This is another challenge that I created for myself. In the fall of 2018, I will be moving across the country to Connecticut. I have a lot of books on my shelves and I don't want to end up moving them all. For this challenge, I will to try and power through a whole bunch of my backlog so that I can donate the ones I don't want to keep before I leave. I will be keeping a list of what I donate here.


These challenges should be enough to keep me busy throughout the year. The new year will be a year of big changes for me. I'm hoping that this reading will help keep my mind focused and calm through the stresses that will inevitably pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?