About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Sunday, October 1, 2017

October 2017 Reading Plan



It's hard to believe that there's only three months left in 2017! I was thinking about the rest of the books I have to read for my reading challenges and starting to worry that I won't make it. I've kept up a good pace this year with my reading, but I have a few monsters books left that I want to get through. In fact, four of the books on my list for this month are longer than usual, meaning that I'm going to have to step up my game if I want to get them all read.

I tried to put some creepier books on the list for this month, since it's the appropriate time of year and all. It should make for a suspenseful month! Here's the plan:

1. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  • Classics Club: A Gothic or Horror Classic
  • Classics Club: #60 on my list 
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

2. Dune by Frank Herbert (continued from last month)
  • Classics Club: #47 on my list
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book that's more than 800 pages

3. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book from a genre/subgenre that you've never heard of - Mannerpunk
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

4. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book based on mythology
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

5.Pointe by Brandy Colbert
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned
  
*Bonus

6. Universal Harvester by John Darnielle
  • Doesn't fit a challenge category - just counts towards my overall total 


If I finish Dracula this month, I will have completed my Back to the Classics Challenge for the year! I purposefully saved that one for now. It seemed appropriate for the month of Halloween. I'm excited to finish this challenge for the second year in a row.

Hopefully I'll be able to stick to a good reading schedule and make my way through some of the longer ones on here. Even if I don't, I'll still have fun trying - that is the point after all. Here's to a spooky and productive October!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?