About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The StoryGraph Onboarding 2020 Reading Challenge


I think the last thing I need right now is to take on another reading challenge, but hey, the world is on fire and I'm increasingly bored. So here we are.

StoryGraph is an new reading website that's gotten really popular lately as an alternative to Goodreads. It's still in beta, but it looks really promising and I'm enjoying exploring it. It uses a combination of a reading survey and your past reading history to offer customized book recommendations. It also gives you detailed statistics on the types of books you tend to read. Here's what I learned about myself after importing all my Goodreads information:


Another feature of the website are some reading challenges, one of which is designed to help users explore all the different features of the website. There are twelve prompts in total, and I don't think I will be able to finish them all before the end of the year, but I thought it would be fun to try a few out just to see how good StoryGraph's recommendations really are. 

Here is the list of prompts and the books that I found for them using StoryGraph's different features:


The StoryGraph Onboarding 2020 Reading Challenge

1. Read a book that you find using the filter that has three moods attached to it.
2. Read a book that you find using the filter that has two moods attached and excludes a genre.
3. Read a book that you discovered on our Community page.
4. Read a book that someone suggested for any of the Reading Women Challenge prompts.
5. Reread one of your five-star reads.
6. Read a book that exactly fits another member’s preferred book.
7. Read a book that you’d normally want to remove from the Find A Book page.
8. Read one of your 5 oldest To-Read books.
9. Read a book corresponding to your most-preferred mood.
10. Read a book corresponding to your least-preferred mood.
11. Read a book somebody else on the site marked as DNF.
12. Read a book reviewed by either Tam or Nadia, the challenge hosts.

I'm interested to see how many of these I can get to before the year is out, and to see if the recommendations StoryGraph is giving me really align to my particular interests. It's something to fill the hours with, anyway!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?