About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Thursday, December 31, 2020

December Wrap Up

 

It's hard to believe that December is already over, but here we are. This very strange year is coming to an end. This month was different from my usual Decembers - no family visit, socially distanced school, and no holiday events to attend in the community. A huge snowstorm and subsequent high winds even prevented driving around to see Christmas lights. It was still a nice holiday though because I had a lot of time to sit around and read. I made it through an impressive amount of books this month, and managed to finish both my Then Versus Now Challenge and my StoryGraph Onboarding Challenge, which I didn't think I'd have time to do. Here's the breakdown: 

I enjoyed most of these, and even the ones I didn't like so much weren't terribly bad. My favorite of the month was probably The Handmaid's Tale. It was a reread, but definitely one of my favorite dystopian novels of all time - just masterfully written. I also really enjoyed the Girl Meets Duke trio of books, which were pure guilty pleasure reading, but so much fun. 

My least favorite of the month was definitely Transformation, which was competently written, but dreadfully boring. 

Next month will be the start of my 2021 reading challenges. I have a bunch of posts lined up to explain what I am planning. For now, here's what I am hoping to read:

From the Earth to the Moon by Jules Verne
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez
Main Street by Sinclair Lewis
At least two books chosen from my owned-not-read list based on my mood

I'm really excited to read my annual Jules Verne novel and to get started on all my new reading goals. Let's hope that 2021 is a happier year than the last and is filled with good reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?