About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June Wrap Up

 


Well, the end of June is upon us and my reading for the month was...not super impressive. I had planned to get through more books, but I had my birthday and a family visit to contend with, so I fell behind my goal. No worries though, I think I can make up for it in July. Here's what I did manage to finish:

100 pages of Les Misérables

Thankfully, I didn't really have any books that I disliked this month. The slowest reading was probably the Les Misérables pages, because I was at one of the sections that meandered into a detailed description of French history. Thankfully, I'm past that bit now, so it's back to being enjoyable.

My favorite read of the month was Six of Crows, an adventure novel set in the Grishaverse that was surprisingly fun and engaging. I was actually really into it - something that I've struggled with a little bit in my reading lately. The sequel, Crooked Kingdom, was also really good. I been donating lots of the books I read this year for my Clear the Shelves challenge, but those two I'm actually going to hang onto.

My plan for July is to make up the two books I didn't get to this month, and then conquer one of the biggest classics left on my Classics Club list, Vanity Fair. Summer is a good time for me to try and knock that out, as it's much harder to take on huge classics during the school year. Here's what I hope to get through:

The Tempest by William Shakespeare
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
At least two books chosen from my owned-not-read list based on my mood
At least 100 pages of Les Misérables

This is a really ambitious lineup, but I'm hoping that I can make it work with my summer break. These are all basically the polar opposite of typical summer reads, but hey, I've got six months left to finish my Classics Club list so there's no time to do themes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?