About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Monday, January 1, 2024

Reading Resolutions: 2024

 


Much like last year, 2024 is not destined to be a productive reading year for me. I just have too much going on with graduate school. However, I do want to aim a little higher than last year. Having a year without a lot of reading has made me miss it terribly. It really is something I need to make more time for, in spite of my busy schedule. 

I'm still going to keep my goals modest, because I want to be realistic. Once again, I will just focus on reading a few books a month and reading mostly from my own shelves.



My Goodreads goal for this year will be 30 books. That's six more than I managed in 2023, so it's just a small increase. Hopefully this will be achievable for me.



Once again, my other reading goal will be to read books primarily from my own shelves. I barely made a dent in my TBR pile last year, so I still have a long way to go when it comes to clearing my backlog of books. I'm not going to attach a specific number to this challenge, but I would like to do better than 13 books, which is what I read in 2023. I will keep track of my progress here.

And that's it for my 2024! This will still be a very busy year for me, but I'm really hoping to start incorporating a little more reading back in between all of my classes and assignments.

2 comments:

  1. That's how it goes sometimes, just knowing the year ahead is not destined to be productive reading-wise because you already know you'll be so busy with other things. 30 books sounds like a great goal to me — Happy New Year and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?