About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Finally in 2022: Series Edition

 


I've written before here on the blog about how many unread books I have on my shelves, but one aspect of this that I haven't talked about much is the amount of unread series I own. When I come across a new series that sounds interesting, I usually buy all the books in it right away. My reasoning is that if I have all the books in the series, I can just read them straight through. What ends up happening in reality, however, is that I never end up even starting the series because I don't want to obligate myself to reading 3-4 books in a row when I have other challenges going on. It's a never-ending (and very silly) cycle.

I've decided that it's time to break that cycle and start actually reading some of these books, so I'm bringing back my Finally Challenge this year. I first did this back in 2019, and I ended up reading 49 books from my shelves. This time around, I'm going to make it all about reading the series I own. Here are the books I have chosen to try and finish this year:


The Mirror Visitor Quartet - Christelle Dabos (4 books)
The Illuminae Files - Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff  (3 books)
A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas (4 main books, 1 novella)
Wayward Children - Seanan McGuire (7 books)
Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson (3 books)
The Raven Cycle - Maggie Stiefvater (4 books)
Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor (2 books)

I will come back here to link up reviews as I finish these books. Hopefully I can read everything by the end of the year!

**Note: I finished this challenge in June of 2022! I will list any additional series I read below.**

Sands of Arawiya - Hafsah Faizal (2 books)
Three Dark Crowns Series - Kendare Blake (4 books)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?