About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Coasting


A week ago, we made a dedicated work space for my husband.  We freed up a corner of our home, bought a little desk, and set up his laptop on it.  It's funny how a little change can make such a dramatic difference in the way you feel at home.  He feels more productive, and somehow, do I. 

Little by little, I've been clawing my way back to being myself.  Scheduling and organizing have helped, and so has making time to be creative.  When my husband asked for a coaster for his new desk, I eagerly took on the project. 

It had been a long time (years, probably) since I crocheted, but as I twisted the cotton yarn around my fingers and started pulling up loops with my hook, it all came flooding back to me.  This little granny square popped into being inside of twenty minutes and now it's sitting comfortably underneath my husband's coffee cup. 

It feels really nice to be doing this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?