About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Not Dead



I have been reading A Prayer for Owen Meany for an eternity now and I don't feel like I'm progressing any further in the book.

This is a strange sensation for me, because I really like the book so far - the writing is sharp and wise, the characters are well-drawn and I want to see what happens at the end.  I don't know why this is such a SLOW read.

Being able to see the percentage read on my Kindle is actually more alarming than helpful at this point.  An hour of solid reading is yielding me about 5% of the book.  That's depressing for someone who generally whips through books in a few days.

Anyway, I just wanted to let the world know - I'm not dead.  I'm just reading A Prayer for Owen Meany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?