About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Thursday, September 1, 2016

August 2016 Wrap Up


My month of reading books from my shelves is over, and we're heading out with a whimper instead of a bang. I definitely didn't read as much as I wanted to, but that's okay. I cleared a few books I had been meaning to read off my shelves, got to read some NEW Harry Potter, and discovered a new favorite.  You can't do much better than that, honestly.

Did my month of reading from my shelves help to curb my book buying habits?  Not a bit.  I think I bought five or six books over the course of the month.  I'm committed to cutting back, but I'm not made of stone!  At least I've been getting grownup books on the Kindle, which helps with the space issue I was having.  I still buy physical young adult books, since I can add them to my classroom library when I'm done. I guess you can say I'm practicing being more mindful about the whole thing, but I'll always be that person that is constantly buying books.  It's just who I am.

Books Read:

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero

Best of the Month: I Am the Messenger
Worst of the Month: You Are a Badass

I'm hoping to get my numbers up a little bit in September.  Reading Better Than Before this month has really inspired me to recommit to my routines and make more leisure time for myself.  Not an easy task with school starting up again, but I will do my best!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?