About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

August 2017 Reading Wrap Up

It's the end of August and I'm not ready! I didn't end up reading all that I had planned this month, due to a combination of school starting back up and Crime and Punishment being a difficult read for me. Here's what I did manage to get done:

1. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (2/5 stars)
  • Back to the Classics: A Russian classic
  • Mount TBR: previously owned

2. Pax by Sara Pennypacker (3/5 stars)
  • Mount TBR: previously owned

3. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys (5/5 stars)
  • Popsugar Challenge: A book about an immigrant or a refugee
  • Mount TBR: previously owned


My current challenge status is:



I have read 55 books so far in 2017!

My best read of the month was undoubtedly Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. This young adult historical fiction novel was both educational and touching. Sepetys has a knack for portraying history in ways that are poignant and complex. I couldn't put this one down.

My least favorite read was Crime and Punishment, a classic that I felt was composed of long stretches of boredom punctuated by moments of greatness. The good moments got swallowed up by the tedious ones for me, creating a slog of a reading experience.

I can't help but be a bit disappointed that I read so little in August. However, I'm resolved to make up for it in September. I can't believe I only have four months left to finish all my reading challenges! I'm in a good place with them, but I'm starting to feel the need to go faster. I've still got some bricks to get through this year, so I need to get my butt in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?