About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Thursday, December 28, 2017

True Books 2018 Goal List


One of my reading resolutions for 2018 is to read more nonfiction. I really do like informational texts, but I tend to grab fiction first when picking things to read. To that end, I've created a challenge for myself that I've dubbed the "True Books 2018 Challenge."

I looked through all of my books and created a list of all the nonfiction novels that I own, but haven't read yet. My challenge is to read them all before the end of 2018. I will return here to link up reviews as I go.

1. Flesh and Blood So Cheap by Albert Marrin - Completed February 2018
2. Radioactive by Lauren Redniss - Completed January 2018
3. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson - Completed May 2018
4. True Notebooks by Mark Salzman - Completed March 2018
5. Radium Girls by Kate Moore - Completed January 2018
6. This is Dali by Catherine Ingram / Dali by Christopher Masters
7. The Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery - Completed March 2018
8. Devil in the White City by Erik Larson - Completed March 2018
9. So We Read On by Maureen Corrigan
10. The Reading Promise by Alice Ozman - Completed May 2018
11. The Witches by Stacy Schiff
12. Under the Affluence by Tim Wise
13. Truevine by Beth Macy
14. Real Food/Fake Food by Larry Olmsted
15. Beyond Belief by Jenna Miscavige Hill
16. Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin
17. Animal Wise by Virginia Morell
18. Eat and Run by Scott Jurek
19. The End of your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
20. Books for Living by Will Schwalbe

*Bonus Books*

1. Born Round by Frank Bruni - Completed January 2018
2. 10% Happier by Dan Harris - Completed January 2018 

If I manage to make it through all of these books in 2018, it will be the most nonfiction that I've ever read in one calendar year. I think that would be pretty cool...and educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?