About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 2017 Reading Wrap Up


Well, it's nearly the end of another year. I feel like 2017 went by in a flash. It's hard to believe that I'm writing my final wrap up post already. It feels like just a few months ago that I was planning out all my reading challenges and now here I am, at the end of all of them. It's a really nice feeling to have accomplished all my goals.

December ended up being a great reading month for me. I finished 13 (!) books in all, and completed all of my reading challenges. Here's the list of what I read:


1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (4/5 stars)
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

2. Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis (3/5 stars)
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book you got at a used book sale

3. The Good Sister by Jamie Kain (4/5 stars)
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book with a family member term in the title
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

4. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (3/5 stars)
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned
  
5. The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider (2/5 stars)
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

6. Firecracker by David Iserson (3/5 stars)
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

7. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (1/5 stars)
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

8. These Gentle Wounds by Helene Dunbar (3/5 stars)
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

9. The Nest by Kenneth Oppel (4/5 stars)




My current challenge status is:

I read 81 books in 2017!


I read a lot of really great young adult novels this month, with To All the Boys I've Loved Before, The Good Sister, The Nest, Seedfolks, and Dark Places earning high marks from me.

My least favorite read of the month was The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, which had a weird, meandering plot and a terrible ending.

Next month will bring with it my new reading challenges. The start of a fresh year is always exciting, and I'm happily planning out what literary mountains I want to climb next. Reading is so important to me that I can't imagine my life without books...or without this blog for that matter. This has become a space for me to record all my feelings and memories about what I'm reading before the details start to slip away. I wouldn't remember half of what I read without this place, so I'm going to continue doing all of this in the new year. Who knows, maybe I'll do even better in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?