About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Friday, January 1, 2021

Reading Resolutions: 2021

 


It's a new year, so once again it's time to outline my reading challenges for the year. I'm keeping things relatively simple this time around. I'm mainly working on my classics and then trying to read books I already own. My overall goal is to incorporate more mood reading into my routine in between the classics I have to read for my challenges. Here's the breakdown:



My Goodreads reading goal this year will be the same as previous years. I want to read at least 50 books in 2021. I'm also going to try using Reader Voracious's reading spreadsheet, so that I can have better stats on my reading at the end of the year.



This is a big year for my Classics Club Challenge - it's the final one! I have all of 2021 to read the 18 remaining novels on my list and to reread War and Peace if I really want to finish the thing up right. This is not going to be easy. Despite a conscious effort to read some of the longer ones as I've gone along, I'm left with a lot of seriously thick novels. It's actually not certain that I will finish this in time at all, but I'm going to do my best.



I will also be participating in the Back to the Classics Challenge again for the seventh year. Luckily, most of my picks this time around overlap with my Classics Club list. My sign-up post is here.




Lastly, I will be participating in a challenge I made up myself - Clear the Shelves 2021. I want to read books I already own and decide whether to keep or donate them. I'm hoping to make decisions on at least 50 books. Again, this won't be easy with all the long classics I have to read this year, but I think this will be a good way to read more books based on my mood.


All of this is definitely going to be a challenge, but I'm going to try my best to get it done. I'm excited to see what this year will hold for me, and to see if I can actually finish my Classics Club list on time! 

3 comments:

  1. Clear the Shelves is a great idea. When I know for certain that I will never reread a book again, I donate it. Last year I donated 8.

    I like that spreadsheet layout. Thanks for sharing it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the format of that spreadsheet too. There are a lot of tabs on it that I don't need, so I just hid those on my copy. Good luck with your reading plans for the year as well!

      Delete
    2. Yep, I hid several tabs, too, but I'm finding the rest of it very useful.

      Thanks!

      Delete

So, what do you think?