About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Friday, January 1, 2021

Clear The Shelves 2021

 


One of my reading goals for 2021 is to do more mood reading. I tend to participate in lots of reading challenges, which require to me read specific titles. That's fun for me, but sometimes I find myself wishing that I had more time to just pick up whichever book I actually feel like reading in the moment. 

Another one of my goals for this year is to start getting a handle on the piles and piles of unread books on my shelves. I'm buying way more books that I can read and they are pretty much taking over my home. I've got multiple bookshelves and two rolling carts overflowing with unread novels. I have a tag on Goodreads for books I own but have not read yet. There's currently 593ish books on it. Seriously. I need to stop acquiring so many new ones and start reading the ones I have. 

I rarely keep books after I've read them. I only hang onto ones that I truly love and can see myself reading again. I want to work on reading and donating this year to get that number of unread books down a bit.

So, in an effort to work on both of these goals this year, I'm bringing back my Clear The Shelves Challenge. I did this once before, back in 2018, and I ended up donating 21 books by the end of that year. I want to do much better than that this year. I would love to read and decide to keep or give away 50 books. I'll pick books to read based on my mood at the time and I'll keep track of the titles I finish here. I'm also going to try and reduce the amount of books I purchase in 2021, which might actually be the hardest part of this whole challenge.


Books Read: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?