About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Thursday, November 9, 2017

October 2017 Reading Wrap Up



October is at an end and I only read a small fraction of what I wanted. Unfortunately for my reading life, my work life got in the way. I'm moving most of my selections to November. Hopefully, I will have more luck that month.

I finished a grand total of two novels in October, making this my least productive reading month of the year. Boo. Anyway, here's what I did manage to get done:


1. Dune by Frank Herbert (4/5 stars)
  • Classics Club: #47 on my list
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book that's more than 800 pages

2. Dracula by Bram Stoker (3/5 stars)
  • Back to the Classics: A Gothic or Horror Classic
  • Classics Club: #60 on my list 
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book mentioned in another book
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned


My current challenge status is:

I have read 62 books so far in 2017!


The best thing about this month was finishing my Back to the Classics challenge! I'm so happy to have finished for the third year in a row! I definitely want to do it all again next year.

With only two books read, it seems pointless to do a "best and worst of the month" reflection. Besides, neither of the books I read will become special favorites of mine. They are both classic, and I did enjoy them, but they both had boring stretches that caused me to dawdle while reading them. With the month I've been having at work, my brain just wasn't eager to jump into my October picks. I am hoping that I can recharge and do better in November.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?