About Favorites Classics Club Past Years Past Challenges

Thursday, November 30, 2017

November 2017 Reading Wrap Up



November has come and gone and, happily, I had a pretty good reading month. Here's the breakdown:


1. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (4/5 stars)
  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book from a genre/subgenre that you've never heard of - Mannerpunk
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

2. American Gods by Neil Gaiman (5/5 stars)

  • Popsugar Challenge (bonus category): A book based on mythology
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

3. Pointe by Brandy Colbert (4/5 stars)

  • TBR Challenge: previously owned
  
4. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall (3/5 stars)

  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

5. Boys Don't Knit by T.S. Easton (3/5 stars)
  • TBR Challenge: previously owned

6. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (2/5 stars)

  • TBR Challenge: previously owned


My current challenge status is:

I have read 68 books so far in 2017!

I had two very strong reads this month, and both were from the fantasy genre. American Gods and Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell were both long, intricate books that were totally worth the time. I've moved away from reading fantasy novels in recent years, and these two stories pulled me right back in and reminded me of what I liked about the genre.

My least favorite read this month was The Song Will Save Your Life, which contained some truly illogical plot points. It stretched the boundaries of my disbelief way too far, and featured an unlikable protagonist to boot. 

December is going to be a sprint to the finish for me - I'm very close to completing everything on my original goals list for the year, but I'm going to have to read a whole bunch to make it happen. Luckily, I will have my winter break to fit more books in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?